by: Connie Strasheim
(NaturalNews) Many people are aware that prolonged cell phone use has been associated with brain cancer, but most don't realize how other sources of high-frequency electromagnetic radiation (EMR) also radically increase cancer risk.
New telecom towers are constructed every day. Average city-dwellers have anywhere between 30-100 microwave towers/antennas within a four-mile radius of their home. All of these towers emit high-frequency electromagnetic fields that have been linked to cancer development. For example, one Germany study reported that living within 1300 feet of two microwave towers over ten years triples cancer risk. Other studies in Australia, UK and Italy revealed significant increases in leukemia among people who live near such towers. Many other similar findings have been reported.
EMR outside the home isn't the only type of high-frequency radiation we are exposed to. Wi-Fi routers, baby monitors, and cordless phones emit high-frequency radiation that has also been linked to cancer. When in use, cordless phones emit an amount of radiation similar to that of a cell phone. (One study revealed that thirty minutes of daily cell phone use, over ten years, increases the risk of brain cancer by 140%). Wi-Fi routers are similarly dangerous. G. Blackwell, PhD, Chartered Engineer and advisor to WiredChild, states, "Having a digital wireless device in your home, office, or school is like having a mini-base station (cell tower) indoors with you." And with Wi-Max (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access) now being implemented across the globe, entire regions will be blanketed in cancer-causing high-frequency electromagnetic radiation.
How to Avoid Dangerous EMR
While avoiding all EMR is impossible, the risk for radiation exposure can be decreased by taking the following measures:
1) Eliminating Wi-Fi in the home and using instead a hard-wired broadband connection.
2) Replacing cordless phones (which give off dangerous levels of radiation even when not in use, because their base is constantly looking for a signal), with a hard-wired phone.
3) Reducing/eliminating cell phone use. Using the speaker phone option on the phone slightly reduces EMR exposure. Blue tooth devices and headsets do not protect the brain from EMR, contrary to popular belief.
4) Draping a Faraday cage over the bed. This is a silver-lined mosquito net that filters out 99% of high-frequency EMR.
5) Considering purchasing scientifically-proven EMR protective devices for the home and body, such as EMR-protective clothing for the body and shielding paint for the home.
Doing these things can significantly reduce cancer risk from sources of high-frequency electromagnetic radiation.