by: Ethan A. Huff
(NaturalNews) It is becoming increasingly difficult for fluoride fanatics to defend the practice of artificial water fluoridation, thanks to a plethora of new reports highlighting its many dangers. A new study published in the journal Neurologia reveals that chronic exposure to, and ingestion of, the synthetic fluoride chemicals added to water supplies can cause serious brain and neurological damage. Confirming several others recently published, the study further exposes the lunacy of deliberately adding toxic chemicals to the water supply in the name of saving teeth.
There you have it, folks. Fluoride chemicals, which are derived from the waste emitted by the aluminum and phosphate mining industries, by the way (http://www.naturalnews.com/031541_F…), cross directly into the brain where they lodge themselves and cause disease. They also enter the thyroid and pineal glands and disrupt proper hormone production, which leads to various other illnesses.
There simply is no denying the deadly truth about fluoride anymore. Ample evidence is continually being released that exposes fluoride as a highly-toxic chemical poison, and even the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) admits that fluoride is a toxin. The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) also initiated damage control recently by lowering its fluoridation recommendations following the release of studies showing that fluoride harms children (http://www.naturalnews.com/030952_C…).
"It's apparent that fluorides have the ability to interfere with the functions of the brain," says the US National Research Council's (NRC) expert fluoride panel. "Fluorides also increase the production of free radicals in the brain through several different biological pathways. These changes have a bearing on the possibility that fluorides act to increase the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease."
It is also worth mentioning that the April 12, 2010, issue of TIME magazine lists fluoride as one of the "Top Ten Common Household Toxins." Dubbing fluoride "neurotoxic and potentially tumorigenic if swallowed," and it is difficult to determine how anyone can suggest that adding such a chemical to drinking water is in any way beneficial.
"Fluoride can be toxic by ingesting one part per million (ppm), and the effects are not immediate, as they can take 20 years or more to become evident," adds the new report.