by: Christina Luisa
(NaturalNews) Among all the raw milk madness happening right now, NaturalNews recently covered the biased information coming from government sources and how it makes dispelling the myths and regulations surrounding raw milk difficult.
Although the FDA and CDC manipulate statistics and lie about raw milk, concealing the frightening truth about pasteurized milk in the process, there are endless REAL statistics available to attest to the health benefits of raw milk.
Read more about the true differences of unpasteurized and raw milk (http://www.naturalnews.com/033242_C…).
Some of the following statistics on the health benefits and safety of raw milk are listed below (http://www.realmilk.com/rawmilkover…).
• Claims that raw milk is unsafe are based on 40-year-old science and century-old experiences from dairy "factory farms" in nineteenth century America.
• Compared to 30-50 years ago, dairy farmers today can take advantage of many advancements that contribute to a dramatically safer product including pasture grazing, herd testing, effective cleaning systems, refrigeration, significantly less expensive, more accessible and more sophisticated milk and herd disease testing techniques.
• Raw milk is the ONLY food that has extensive built-in safety mechanisms and numerous components to create a healthy immune system.
• In early studies involving humans, raw milk was shown to be superior to pasteurized in protecting against infection, diarrhea, rickets, tooth decay and TB; and children receiving had better growth than those receiving pasteurized milk.
• Although raw milk, like any food, can become contaminated and cause illness, the dangers of raw milk are greatly exaggerated. In an analysis of reports on 70 outbreaks attributed to raw milk, many examples were found of reporting bias, errors and poor analysis resulting in most outbreaks having either no valid positive milk sample or no valid statistical association. (ResponsetoMarlerListofStudies.pdf)
• In early animal studies, animals fed raw milk had better growth, denser bones, greater integrity of internal organs, less anemia, fewer signs of anxiety and stress, and fewer signs of nutrient deficiency than animals fed pasteurized milk.
• Three recent studies in Europe found that drinking raw milk protected against asthma and allergies. (Lancet. 2001 Oct 6;358(9288):1129-33; J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006 Jun;117(6):1374-8; Clinical & Experimental Allergy. 2007 May; 37(5) 627-630).
• In the early 1900s, the Mayo Clinic administered the "Milk Cure," which consisted in drinking 4-5 quarts of raw milk per day, obtaining favorable results for a range of illnesses including cancer, weight loss, kidney disease, allergies, skin problems, urinary tract problems, prostate problems and chronic fatigue; these results are not obtained using pasteurized milk.
• Many studies have linked consumption of pasteurized milk with lactose intolerance, allergies, asthma, frequent ear infections, gastro-Intestinal problems, diabetes, auto-Immune disease, attention deficit disorder and constipation. During a period of rapid population growth, the market for fluid pasteurized milk has declined at 1% per year for the past 20 years because fewer and fewer consumers can tolerate pasteurized (and ultrapasteurized) milk (Don't Drink Your Milk, Frank Oski, MD, 1983).
• In a survey of raw milk drinkers in the state of Michigan, over 80% of those advised by a healthcare professional that they were lactose intolerant were able to consume raw milk without problem. (LactoseIntoleranceSurvey.doc)
• Compared to raw milk there are 515 times more illnesses from L-mono due to deli meats and 29 times more illness from L-mono due to pasteurized milk. On a PER-SERVING BASIS, deli meats were TEN times more likely than raw milk to cause illness. (Based on data in a 2003 USDA/FDA report)
• Due to high-volume distribution and its comparative lack of anti-microbial components, contaminated pasteurized milk has caused numerous widespread and serious outbreaks of illness, including a 1984-5 outbreak afflicting almost 200,000 people. In 2007, three people died in Massachusetts from illness caused by contaminated pasteurized milk.
All kinds of things are far more dangerous than raw milk
Yet the government openly regulates and approves of tons of dangerous products and activities on a regular basis (and most all of them are certainly more dangerous than drinking raw milk!) Here are just a few examples to start with:
• Riding in a grocery shopping cart
• Smoking cigarettes and cigars
• Chewing tobacco
• Signing up for military combat
• Consuming alcohol
• CT scans
• Taking FDA-approved pharmaceuticals
• Downhill skiing
• Water sports
• Driving in automobiles
• Mercury fillings and mercury in tuna fish
• Rock-climbing, mountain climbing, mountain biking
• Using hair dyes
• Peanut and gluten products (potentially lethal or damaging allergens to many)
• Eating fast food and processed foods regularly
• Driving while texting/talking on the phone
• Cough syrups with hydrocodone
• Working in construction
• Consuming fluoride
And this is just a fairly short list to start. There are plenty more examples where these came from – I'm sure you could even come up with some of your own.
This is another clear example of how present-day events and conditions have increasingly been leading America toward becoming a state in which government leaders control our lives rather than allowing us to decide things for ourselves.
You may not care for drinking raw milk, but this issue is evidence to all of our government's agenda to cultivate a culture of lies. Although they are aware that raw milk (when acquired from clean, grass-fed cows) is endlessly more nutritious than pasteurized milk, they continue to present dishonest information about it and to conceal the hard facts about much more clear and present dangers throughout the rest of the food supply, including the more popular pasteurized milk.
The FDA and CDC are purposely doing their part in the enactment of a society that is riddled with increasing cases of sickness and death. This barbaric deception does not only apply to raw milk, but to any number of healthful, raw whole foods and nutritional supplements, and it is this sort of behavior that is contributing to our country's declining health and freedom.