by Ben Taylor (Silver Bulletin) This protocol is intended to facilitate the rebuilding of the adrenal glands, generally in the case of underactive adrenal function. The most common symptoms are fatigue, weakness, lethargy, dizziness, headaches, memory problems, depression, food cravings, allergies, and blood sugar disorders. But it can also include any one or a combination of the following if Addison’s disease has developed; loss of appetite, lower than normal heart rate, painful menstrual periods, muscle cramps and weakness.
Following is a general adrenal gland healing and rebuilding protocol for adults using supplements that are save and can be very effective in a very short time 3-6 months. The recommended supplements will generally give positive results, but they will be enhanced and usually hastened by also following steps 1-5.
(1) Put aside stressful situations in your life and past traumas behind you, as stress alone can accelerate adrenal gland fatigue. Focus on a positive outlook with healing your body, mind, and spirit as a priority. Research has shown that prayer, which puts the mind, body, and spirit into agreement with God and with the healthy actions you are taking is very helpful for optimum healing. God created a Universe of logic and order and has built into it “cause and effect”. We cannot expect regeneration of our physical mind and body if we continue to abuse them with unhealthy thoughts and unnecessary worries.
(2) Stop all alcohol and tobacco use as well as food abuse (overeating of foods, especially processed foods) as they will lower your immunity even further and may well be a part of the root cause of your health problems. It is impractical to expect regeneration of the physical mind and body if we continue to abuse them with unhealthy practices.
(3) Remove the consumption of most animal proteins (meat, milk, cheese, eggs, yogurt, and fish) and sugars (except for fruit) whether in food or drink. If you are worried that you won’t get enough protein, then take un-denatured whey protein. Eat only starches, vegetables (excluding potatoes, but especially green leafy ones) and fruit. Raw organic carrots and apples and/or their juices are very good. Mega doses of Enzymes (4-6 capsules morning and night) with 8 oz. of water on an otherwise empty stomach will enhance circulation and boost your overall immunity to pathogens. Bromelain (a pineapple enzyme) taken with your food and with your supplements will enhance nutrient absorption. Notice: Drink adequate water when taking Bromelain or Enzymes and do not take them with any drugs, as it will intensify the effects and could be dangerous.
(4) Drink non-chlorinated and non-fluorinated water (6 – 8 glasses per day). Be careful above 64 oz. per day (depending on your body weight) as too much water can result in electrolyte dilution which can cause neurological. Generally people do not get enough water rather than too much and water is essential for the carrying of nutrients to the cells and toxins out of the cells.
(5) Get to bed by 10:30 pm even if you don’t go to sleep immediately. You can pray and relax or read until sleeps comes. If restful sleep is an issue and you require a sleep aid, L-Tryptophan and Membrane Complex (Magnesium, Calcium, and Potassium complex) is often a good alternative to prescription drugs. Drenamin as suggested below taken at bedtime with Membrane Complex is one of the best sleep aids that I have found. 3-4 capsules may be taken at bedtime along with 2-3 Drenamin tablets. Many find that this combination creates a renewed REM sleep in which dreams again become a part of your sleep pattern. Many describe “dreaming in color” again.
(6) Liver Cleanse and/or Whole Body Cleanse. Anytime one is trying to heal the body, cleansing the liver and colon is extremely beneficial. The liver is akin to the oil filter on a car and tends to retain toxic material over time, especially when the body is in an unhealthy state. Having a clean liver “filter” enables the body to efficiently eliminate more toxins.
(7) Take 1-3 grams 2-3 times per day of Vitamin C during the healing period. Vitamin C is essential for proper functioning of the adrenal gland.
(8) Take the recommended dose of Adrenal Stress End tablets per meal for 1-2 weeks to test the body reaction and to allow it to adjust. If you do not experience any obvious side effects, you may want to increase to double the dose tablets per meal for a month or two. After that, you may reduce back to the recommended dose per meal for maintenance purposes. If sleep issues are present, see item (9) below.
(9) Take 1-3 Membrane Complex capsules morning and night for the proper levels of calcium, magnesium and potassium, which enables a proper level of electrolytic function. Adrenal fatigue tends to accelerate depletion of these minerals especially Potassium. Magnesium and Calcium are also critical for the proper muscle function including the relaxation of tense muscles which can intensify the effects of Adrenal fatigue.
10) Super Therapeutic Vitamin, Mineral, & Herbal Formula– Although those listed above probably rank in importance, there are many essential trace minerals and vitamins, especially B Vitamins, associated with a healthy adrenal gland. IntraMax is a therapeutic high potency liquid formula.
11) Zinc Balance is also an essential immune system stimulant. Take between 30mg (2 capsules) up to 60 mg (4 capsules) per day for 2-4 weeks and then reduce to 15-30 mg every 2 days for maintenance, but never exceed 100 mg per day for any length of time.
11) CoQ10 (60 mg plus per day) is a potent antioxidant that enhances the carrying of oxygen to all glands.