• Cut the clothing away from the burned area, if it adheres to the burned area, do not try to peel it loose.
• Avoid undue contamination of burn wound from dirt.
• Colloidal Silver. Immediately apply colloidal silver to the burned area. Silver will aid in keeping bacterial infection down.
• Aloe Vera. This miracle plant promotes the proper healing of the damaged skin and works especially well in combination with silver.
• Next apply ice pack or cloth soaked in ice water and change them constantly
• Do not use cotton directly on burns as it adheres to it.
• Do not apply Ink, Mercurochrome, greases or baking soda over burned area.
• In the case of any severe burn, seek professional medical care immediately after treating as noted above.
Less severe burn treatments and sunburn
• Colloidal Silver. Again the very best burn treatment for any kind of burn is colloidal silver.
• Aloe Vera. Use aloe vera gel or the juice from a cut aloe vera leaf. Apply frequently to keep burn area from drying out.
• Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia). Best known for its soothing scent, but you can also use it to take the sting out of a first-degree burn (the kind you might get by touching a hot pan). Not only does this oil speed the healing process and prevent
scarring, but it also fights bacteria on vulnerable new skin. Gently clean the burn with soap and water first. Then combine one part pure lavender essential oil and three parts carrier oil, like almond or olive oil, and apply the mixture liberally to the burn at least three times a day, leaving the wound uncovered.
• Potato. Cut a potato in half and put it on the burn area. The starch neutralizes the burn, pain and future scarring. Also works great on sunburns.