by: Todd Mumford
(NaturalNews) Wrinkles are mainly associated with changes in our skin as we grow older. This natural aging process is inevitable but we can limit the extent and severity.
Utopia Naturals Soap
– Dryness and lack of moisture
– Excessive work or leisure time outdoors
– Tanning booths
– Injury or surgery to the skin
– Acne and various other skin diseases which have a tendency to scar
– Smoking which hastens the aging process while cigarette smoke is one of the biggest culprits for premature wrinkles
– Pollution such as air pollutants, dust, chemicals and harsh lights
– Muscle movement or repeated actions such as squinting, smiling and frowning
– The use of drugs
– Weight loss because the volume of the fat cells is drastically reduced
– Lack of Vitamin E which can cause the quality of the skin to deteriorate
Over the counter anti-wrinkle potions and lotions may well contain harmful toxins such as parabens, mineral oil, paraffin, petrolatum, and many others and should be avoided. Skin is thin and easily penetrable so whatever you apply to your skin quickly enters the bloodstream.
Keep those wrinkles at bay naturally by:
– A twice daily regime of cleansing the skin of all impurities and make up. Use natural products and avoid hot water as the heat causes an increase in the chemical reactions in the chlorine in your water supply. Pat dry rather than rubbing and scrubbing with the towel.
– Applying a natural moisturizer. It improves the water holding capacity of the skin.
– Using a natural eye cream for the delicate area round the eyes using the 3rd finger because that digit has the lightest touch.
– Using a natural anti wrinkle cream at night with added nutrients. Coconut oil, body butter or a pure essentials oil wrinkles treatment will nourish but not clog your skin.
– Mashing 1/4 banana until it is a creamy consistency. Gently massage into your face, leaving it on for 30 minutes or more before rinsing off with warm water followed by a dash of cold. Gently pat dry.
– Applying flaxseed oil which is the richest vegetable source of omega-3 fatty acids, essential for lubricated and supple skin.
– Sleeping on your back to reduce the gravitational pull on the skin on your face and to avoid puffiness in the morning.
– Drinking your 8 glasses of water every day. The skin is the first organ to suffer if you are dehydrated.
– Eating a healthy diet which includes plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. Blueberries are especially packed with antioxidants to fight skin-damaging free radicals.
– Not smoking.
Although wrinkles are part of the process of getting older, their appearance can be diminished with extra care and good natural treatment.