• Colloidal Silver – Apply directly to the sore and take orally.
• Aloe Vera – promotes healing especially in combination with colloidal silver.
• L-Lysine – in a serving of 500 mg twice a day has been know as excellent fighter and preventative for herpes outbreaks, but should not be taken for more than six months at that level.
• Tea Tree Oil. Tea Tree Oil has to be one of the best items to have in your house. Not only does it cure cold sores, but it works great for bad acne and many other things. To get rid of a cold sore, as soon as you feel the tingle, place a dab of the tea tree oil on the sore. (In the morning and night.) And by the third day, it should be gone.
• Vitamin B Complex – used as an immune system booster and also relieves stress.
• Zinc – stimulates the immune system.
• Acidophilus – inhibits pathogenic organisms.
• Primrose Oil – is a great supplement for protection of the cells.
• Calcium and Magnesium – are essential for the relief of stress and of muscle tension.
Any of the above supplements are better absorbed using Bromelain which is a pineapple enzyme that enhances digestive function.
It is also beneficial to eat plenty of raw vegetables, as well as live culture yogurt.
Some herpes may be due to low thyroid function.